Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Surprise, Grandma!

This last weekend, Mom, Garrett, and I made a trip down to Burbank to surprise my Grandma for her birthday. She was very excited and thanked us for making the trip for her.


Saturday morning, Mom, Grandma, my aunt, and I went "garage saleing" around Burbank. See, this is a tradition. We always go to garage sales with these relatives whenever we're down in Burbank on Saturday. It's just something we always do! We bought some real nifty things, too, at great prices.

After going to garage sales, we returned home and refreshed ourselves. That night we went to the Macaroni Grill with all my Mom's relatives, minus 2 who couldn't make it, for my Grandma's birthday dinner.

















Sunday was full of fun stuff! Grandma, Mom, Garrett, my cousin Richard, and I all went to the Americana outdoor mall in Glendale for the first half of the day. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory, and then continued to across the street where we roamed around in the Glendale Galleria. I spent most of my time in Claire's (a jewelry and hair accessory shop for girls and women), where I bought some bracelets and earrings, and Garrett got a pocket knife that's kind of like a switchblade at the sword store. And besides all that, we continued to just enjoy walking around the mall.









When it started getting late, we packed up and left for the Ben & Jerry's shop back in Burbank for our last treat of the day.









The next day my aunt took my Grandma to Knott's Berry Farm for her birthday breakfast, and the three of us headed back home. My Grandma said this was the best birthday she can remember having, and that she was spoiled rotten! We were glad we made the trip for her.

6 comments:

The McCracken family said...

Oh my goodness - I want to celebrate MY birthday with you guys: Macaroni Grill, Cheesecake Factory, Ben and Jerry's, and Knott's Berry Farm?!!! Could I be your ADOPTED grandma and get in on that, too? please? :-)

Sounds like you had a great time. Fun photos, too.

Lori McC

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.