Thursday, March 15, 2007

Picture Time!

Hello again! We're sorry we didn't supply you all with photos of Grandma's recovery, but I'm here right now to make up for it. There's not too much to say, so I'll just tell you what each photo is about and you'll get an idea of how Grandma's doing and what we're up to down here ;)



Here's Dad and Garrett looking at good ol' smoggy Burbank! It was so nice for them to come down and visit us last weekend! We were so sad to see them leave us (again!), but hopefully early next week we'll reunite with them once again... at home!





This is Grandma's house (the white one) with her dear neighbors that always do what they can to help her right next door in the green house. Garrett and I have known them all our lives, because when we were small and lived at Grandma's house, we would play with their two girls after school sometimes.





This is the walking/bike trail (I know our friends at home are probably laughing if I'm calling this a "trail") that is very happily situated at the end of Grandma's street. The guys brought two of our bikes down last weekend so Mom and I could ride them out on the "trail". It is a very leisurely ride and I love riding my bike, so this is perfect for me! The path is probably about 6 miles long, or longer. This path used to be railroad tracks, but they hadn't been used since I was about 3 years old, so Burbank made the tracks into a walking path about two years ago or so.





We took this while Grandma was in the hospital. This is The Walt Disney Co. The only reason I took these two pictures was to show you sculpturing of the "seven dwarves" that help hold up the building.






Here's a clearer shot of the dwarves...





Here's a picture of Grandma after surgery! This was the first picture she even allowed Mom or I to take. The pillow on her chest was to help relieve the pain of the incision... You know, heart pillow / heart surgery? Ha ha... sorry, that's probably not too funny. Oh, and sorry about our nighties!






Here we are at our favorite Italian deli, Monte Carlo. Grandma has been going there since she moved to Burbank probably 50 years ago! They make an awesome fresh Parmesan cheese blend! You really must try it! :)






Oh... yum... not to mention their delicious, succulent, tasty, mouth watering Gelato... YUM! ;)





Universal Studios... yes, we actually went. Grandma wanted to take Mom and I out, so we decided to go to the Universal Studios City Walk. It was fun and I bought a souvenir and a new headband. :)





The famous spinning ball... we had to get a picture of that! ;)





Just along City Walk... They also had a Dodger fan shop, which was interesting. :) It was fun to just walk around and see all the different little stores and shops.





Hard Rock Cafe.... We thought the huge guitar was neat :)





There's a nice ending photo :) That's my cute little cousin, Alicia. She LOVES dressing up and having her nails painted, so we did both when we babysat her for my Aunt Diane. She was absolutely ecstatic to paint my nails... or was it my whole hand? (I gave in to her puppy dog eyes, but as soon as she got picked up to go home, off went the nail polish!) :)

On another note, before I sign off, Grandma's been doing a lot better and we're doing last minute clean-up that she needs done before we go home next week. Hopefully our next post will take place in Oakhurst!


3 comments:

Garrett Valdivia said...

Good pictures! Post with pictures more... one day we'll be as good as the Parishes at family blogging!

The Shafers said...

We are so glad to hear about your Grandma's healing going so well. Enjoying the photos too. Thanks for your updates. Hope to see you all soon.

Love
The Shafers

Anonymous said...

People should read this.